Thursday, May 13, 2010

For Benji

Jake's LOOONNGG hotwheel track
Mr. Cowboy (one of Joe's old hats...it FITS him ;-) We've been enjoying...(yes, really) our rainy days. The kids have gotten out old "new" toys and are having a blast with them once again.
**wooden train tracks
**hot wheels tracks
**disc shooter guns (they take turns being the bear--target ;-)
**old pictures--I love looking at old pictures, and it's so much fun to see how excited the kids get seeing pictures of themselves as babies and toddlers. It's amazing how MUCH James looks like Jacob did when he was a baby. I'll have to try and scan/post some to see if you agree sometime. I gave each of the kids a little photo album and they had fun picking out some pictures and adding it to their album =)
**Other than that, things are just busy crazy, and our house shows it! It doesn't help we've been spending SO much time inside because of the rain. Oh well, I need to stop and think that someday (too soon) these days will be over. And the house will be too (?) clean and quiet and I will wish for these days back.
**We're hoping to plant some more in our garden soon if it ever stops raining and/or warms up. I'm starting a few more plants indoors to hopefully give them a good headstart and have a little better luck than we did last year. We're trying a few new plants this year: celery & eggplant.
**Have a happy, rainy Thursday!

5 comments:

Heather S said...

Benji: Wow! thats LONG!! :)

(whats with everyone planting egg plant these days? ) :)

Boppa and G'ma S. said...

That's right, Heather, (and this is for all young mothers) these days will soon be past and they'll be grown up...the house is clean and waaaaaaaay too quiet. {But then you have grandkids to look forward to and you house will once again be messy with toys. :)} Love them and hug them as much as you can.

Yeah, what's up with the egg plant?

The Beecham's said...

yea charles wanted to try egg plant this year too!!

Michelle N. said...

Tell Jake I love his hot wheels track, and his very nice cowboy picture!

I'll show Luke the birthday message when he gets home. He's at D and B's for a few days.

Gramm and Gramp said...

I just have to smile about Jake, he is such a little Joe, so cute, now we know what Joe was like as a little fella, well we think we know but looking a Jake.

I too like that hot wheel setup.

I love that about enjoying it all, it does end all to fast, life just keeps ticking on.
Lucky Linda, you are close enough that they can have more times with the Grands'