Wednesday, February 11, 2009

playdoh

We made playdoh! Emily & Meri loved helping, but Meri was a little confused about the whole deal because I had to cook it on the stove for a while. So after it was done I'd keep catching her trying to eat little bites of it =) Well, I gave it to them while it was still warm, so that didn't help matters! It reminds me of a time when I was little and my mom had just made a new batch of homemade playdoh and I had a friend come over. She kept eating it too! Emily & Meri had a lot of fun playing with it. (Ignore their messy hair, you should see them playing and you'd understand how gets this way so quick ;-) Here's the recipe in case you want to try it for yourselves:
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup water
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla (optional)
15 drops of your favorite food coloring

Cook all ingredients in saucepan over medium heat. Stir about 4 minutes or until mixture forms a ball.
Remove from saucepan and let stand on counter 5 minutes.
Knead dough about 30 seconds or until it is smooth & blended. Cool completely. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Have fun!!

4 comments:

Heather S said...

Cute! We're playing with play-doh right now too! (only I didn't make ours) We'll have to try your recipe!
P.S. Love the hair! ;)

Michelle N. said...

They look adorable. I still love the messy hair shots of my girls. Did they make that play-doh heart for you? How sweet.

Also, love the shot of Joe and Meri sleeping on the couch.

Gramm and Gramp said...

They look so happy and pleased with their big heart. They did a good job.

I love the hair, they could care less, but give them about 12 years, that will change.

Neisha said...

oh my! cute background. makes me want to change mine!