Friday, February 20, 2009

25...NO...30 things about me on my 30th!

I've been meaning to do the 25 things about me, but, well, just haven't. So, today I'm 30, & I thought I'd do 30 things about me!
  1. As you maybe have noticed since these posts have stopped going around a while ago, I tend to procrastinate.
  2. My favorite season is fall--I love the cooler weather & beautiful leaves!
  3. Right now I'm just anxious for winter to be over---moving on! How bored I would get in a place where the seasons don't change so much.
  4. Joe & I were married on October 14, 2000, on a beautiful fall day. We were married outside and were really lucky with the weather--sunny, pleasant.
  5. We live in a log house my husband built =) =) in the woods on a hill....awesome, it's what I dreamed of growing up!
  6. I grew up on a lake which I REALLY miss. There is nothing that compares to a beautiful sunset over the water.
  7. I love love love to travel and visit new places.
  8. I don't get to travel too often. The last "new for me" trip we took was in 2005 out to Montana and Wyoming--which were very beautiful
  9. I have a fascination with archaeology & pyramids. Once upon a time I dreamed of being an archaeologist. (Oh yes, I would like to go visit Egypt someday---not so likely tho)
  10. I used to hate my height (5'11") now I'm just used to it.
  11. I wish I were more outgoing.
  12. I'm somewhat of a packrat...well, I just have a hard time getting rid of things/throwing things away whether it be leftovers or our tons of kids artwork or baby things.
  13. I want to learn to crochet. My Gramma made me a crocheted afghan when I was about 6. She was always crocheting something. I still have the blanket.
  14. I have driven a tractor!
  15. I know how to milk cows--we used to have a farm & do this everyday.
  16. I have also milked a goat! We watched my SIL Tanya's goat a couple summers & I had the privilege (?) =)
  17. I'm learning to sorta-like cooking.
  18. I love trying new meals, I get SO sick of Same-old same-old
  19. I'm getting very anxious for thrift sale season! I love thrift sales and finding clothes for the kids (and once in a while me) for a great deal!
  20. I'm getting a printer for my bday--Yay!!
  21. I'm not looking forward to hooking it up...you should see our mess of wires!
  22. My spring cleaning goal this spring: simplify & declutter
  23. Since having kids, when I shop, I'd rather look at kid's clothes and buy things for them than for myself.
  24. I LOVE to read, I don't get as much chance to as I used to, but I still try to because it's someting for me.
  25. I'm looking forward to getting together with my sister's & hopefully brother & neices & nephews from my side of the family this summer. We have a "reunion" every summer at my dad & mom's and it's just wonderful to catch up with everybody since I live about 4 hours from my sister's families and many states away from my brother.
  26. I lived in Madison (well, actually Middleton & Mt. Horeb) for 2 1/2 years after high school.
  27. I had roommates for 2 years, and lived by myself for 1/2 year. I'm glad I had both experiences.
  28. I went to tech college for 1 semester for court reporting. I decided I didn't like it.
  29. I have a garden every summer, I love the fresh veggies, not so much the weeding in hot humid weather.
  30. I used to think 30 was old, but, now here I am, AND...you're only as old as you think you are!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Heather...hope it's a fabulous day!

Heather S said...

Finally ;) Enjoy your night out!

Jodelle said...

Happy Birthday Heather. Welcome to the 30 club! Hope you have a wonderful year.

Gramm and Gramp said...

I sure did enjoy reading your list, you put a lot of thought into it. Thanks for sharing.

I think of the two of you off at a romantic dinner tonight. I hope this happened as planned. =)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, again.

Jen said...

I laughed my head off at item number 22. Why? Because it's easier said that done, tootsie!! :) *laugh* You can do it, though! Go YOU!! :)

Hope you had a great day! Love ya!

The Beecham's said...

Hope you had a 'specail'day!Welcome to the 30's!! Ha!

Boppa and G'ma S. said...

Just wait til ya hit 40 and 50! I want to read you list then, too.