Friday, January 16, 2009

It goes something like this...

Meri dishes up her own food nowadays--if she can get away with it. Here she wanted a whole carton of applesauce.


Meri settling in for a little bug-watching. we get these weird bugs in our house usually in fall, I don't know what they're called, we call them stink-bugs. They just buzz around real loudly and land on us (ick). Well, there's still a few stragglers left in our house. So, this one landed on the floor, & she watched it for a while. She's not what you'd call afraid of bugs. Quite the opposite in fact!
ah hah--caught it. Now to figure out what to do with it? It was funny, she laid the fly swatter down on the bug, then just left it there for a bit. Then she came back and picked the bug up laid it on top of the fly swatter and carried it over to the garbage where she threw it away =)
It's been so cold lately, we brought out the train and the kids have enjoyed playing with it again. They added a tunnel (high chair), & some ramps (legos) and away it went. Of course they had to keep a sharp eye out for robbers & train derailers--Meri, in other words =)And for me, well,

  • I've been trying out some of the new recipes on What's for supper mom? blog. We've got some new favorites!
  • I got some new books from the library on homeschooling and different activities to try. The thing with homeschooling that I'm still trying to get used to is it's so flexible. You can pretty much work at your kids' pace and you can teach from whatever sources you like, (curriculum, workbooks, piece together, etc). So, I feel like I do need some guidelines that will at least show me what a kindergartener should technically know by the time they're done. If we get through it, great! If not, we know what we need to catch up on. So, this year we've pretty much just pieced together from workbooks, library, etc. I feel like Jake's learned a lot so far. But now I'm thinking ahead to next year and wanting to get something with a few more guidelines for me to follow. It all comes down to RESEARCH, and trying and tweaking things if you're not comfortable with them!
  • I've been getting all our tax info together, can't believe it's time for that again. Since Joe's a self-employed logger, it's always a little extra bookwork.

4 comments:

Michelle N. said...

Those pictures are so cute....wish I could just reach thru the moniter and squeeze! Thanks for updating so often!

Heather S said...

Meri, Meri.. she cracks me up! Silly girl and her bugs, at least she threw it away :) Train looks like alot of fun!

Gramm and Gramp said...

I feel like I am there when I get to go to the blog and get an update on some of the activities the littles are doing. That bug was good entertainment. I remember watching ants, still interesting, or is it at times when I am bored out of my mind.HMM

Love the train, Meri must have been watching the bug or napping.

hugs

Erika said...

adorable pictures!! hopefully we can see you guys soon cuz it seems like forever since we last saw you!!