Friday, January 9, 2009

Dentist

The kids had dentist appts today at a new kid-friendly dentist, for which I am thankful. Jacob had been to another dentist, who pretty much just gave me the feeling that he was tolerating him, and seemed short on patience with him. Not amused. He's only 6, it was all new & scary to him. So this new dentist is totally opposite, very friendly, they know how to work with kids and they actually got an xray of his teeth which the old dentist had been trying unsuccessfully to do for 2 years! Well, turns out he has about 7 cavities that need filled BETWEEN his teeth =( poor guy, that is just too many! We do brush every day too! It was Emily's 1st visit to a dentist and she did Wonderful! It looked like her teeth were fine, but the xray found 4 cavities in between her teeth also. I don't remember this from when I was little. Maybe they didn't do those kinds of xrays then??? Or I just don't remember. Anyhow, I'm glad that they both did good, but feel so bad for them with all the cavities.

3 comments:

Heather S said...

So glad you like our dentist ;) Hopefully the kids will still like it after their cavities are filled :(

Michelle N. said...

A kid friendly dentist makes such a difference! See if you can get a flouride mouth wash from him (it is only given as a prescription). That might help prevent cavities. They are really good about relaxing the kids before they do any "procedure", so it should go fine. And then there's the "prizes" they get to pick ;)

Gramm and Gramp said...

Good job to the kids, it isn't ever easy to go to the dentist, even for us Grand's. But good thing they are getting their teeth taken care of. Hugs to them and tell them Gram says, they sure are big.