Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Apples apples apples!

My applesauce-maker helpers =)

 They were a good team...until the novelty wore off ;-)
And little boy crawled (army style) after the stray apples =)

I forgot to get a picture of the finished product, but we got 20 quarts of canned applesauce!  Yay!  I usually freeze applesauce, but decided to can this year (about the 2nd time I've ever canned anything), so...I can do it =) 

The house smelled wonderful.  It makes me want to cook yummy things more often! 

4 comments:

Neisha said...

I made applesauce last week. I would prefer to freeze it but Nolan wants it canned and since he is my big applesauce eater, I make it his way. :)

Boppa and G'ma S. said...

Good job done!!

The Beecham's said...

Love the smell of apples cooking!!

Gramm and Gramp said...

Wow, 20 jars, that is a lot of work but what a nice treat to pull a jar out this winter and have home made applesauce, Great work!!