Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Aaawwwwwwww

New kitties from Grandpa & Grandma's.



Poor Meri...she came out of her room this morning wearing...not her jammies...but a swimsuit she had found in the bedroom =)



Soon I realized why she was crying. Not only had she changed into a swimsuit in the middle of the night, but she took out her hair elastic and put it around her wrist where it must have stayed all night =( This picture's rather blurry, but you can see the red line on her wrist, and it's still there! Poor little girl, I'm surprised she didn't come to me to get it off and was actually able to sleep like that.



Our bean yield so far. Yay. The long row of beans we planted is feeding the deer (or some other wildlife.) SO. NOT. AMUSED. Why bother huh??







4 comments:

Neisha said...

-I've heard that if you plant marigolds around your garden/flowers the deer won't eat. Or look at a farm store for a deer spray that is to keep the deer from eating.
-So, did you cut the bean into 5 pieces? =)
-We have deer too but our garden is by the neighbors corn field so the deer aren't hungry by the time they make it to our garden. thank goodness!

Heather S said...

Poor Meri! :0

I think I know where you can get some beans this summer :)

Gramm and Gramp said...

Oh our poor little Meri, how did she ever sleep through the night, that must have hurt the whole hand. Good thing it wasn't worse.

Then the garden, what a disappointment, what can be done at this point??

But the fun, the kittens. :0)

Boppa and G'ma S. said...

Awww, poor Meri.
A fence does wonders. I told Joe what would happen. But then, for the first time, I'm having trouble, too. They ate off one row of peas...left the second row; ate half of my beans, and are now working on the sweet corn me and the kids worked so hard on. Guess we'll have to do more hunting around the ranch. We've got waaaaaay too many deer.