Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's official!

Due date: January 21, 2010
Weeks: 11

=)

Wanted to make sure everything was OK before sharing our exciting news!
Went to the dr yesterday and of course they couldn't hear the heartbeat with their little "doppler" (?) thingy, so I told them I needed to know for sure, so I got to SEE the baby and it's heart beating!!!! Maybe that's even better?! Although I love to hear that sound too! Next appt. they say. For those of you who may not know, the heartbeat was So important because about 1 1/2 years ago I went in to the dr and they said everything was fine, I was pregnant--about 10 weeks...but they couldn't hear the heart beat that time. They said, next appt. we will be able to hear it. Well, we waited until after that appt. to spread our news, even to family. About less than a week later I had a miscarriage. So, this time I just had to have that reassurance of the heart beating!! I do know that something could still go wrong, but right now we're ok!

I've been feeling nauseous but only thrown up 2 times so far! That's pretty good for me...it's amazing though how each pregnancy is so different. With Jake I was pretty nauseous but threw up only a few times. I threw up CONSTANTLY with Emily. Meri was somewhere in between.

They said it's too early to tell if I will have problems with a low lying placenta yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that this pregnancy is different from Meri's in that respect also!

I do have an ultrasound pic, but it's tiny and you can see the baby, but not real good...after all it's the size of a thumb right now =) Joe wasn't too thrilled about me posting it anyhow...

That's about all the excitement going on around here now! I'm anxious to get past the nausea and tiredness...shouldn't be too far down the road!

9 comments:

Heather S said...

Hurray!! Hope it goes well for you..

NOW can we start spreading the news?? :D

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Another cute little Schwenneker child coming.

Neisha said...

Heather, I know what you mean about having to hear the heartbeat and being reassured. When I got pg the first time of the last three times, they couldn't hear the heartbeat. they had me come back a week later. still no heartbeat so they did an US. No heartbeat. It was so heartbreaking so I know how you felt. I ended up having a D&C which I have to say is much better than miscarrying naturally; for me anyway. I've had enough of them (ugh)

Congratulations!!!! :) I bet the kids are thrilled!

Jen said...

Congrats! This is why I have you & Heather as my friends...to keep on havin' kids so that *I* don't have to! This way, I can spoil 'em and then send 'em home! ha! :) Just teasing, of course. I'm happy for you! It looks like your house addition will come in mighty handy! :) Have plans changed and more rooms are being added to that addition? :)

Jodelle said...

Congratulations--that is so exciting! Hope everything goes smoothly as possible. Looking forward to seeing and meeting #4.

The Beecham's said...

Ya!!!! Another Jan. birthday:)

Melissa said...

Congratulations to all of you!

Jenny said...

What exciting news! I'll bet there are three little ones who can't wait for January, huh?!

Gramm and Gramp said...

WE already love this new little Schwenneker, we know the new addition will be so cute and have that sweet personality.
Why does it have to take so long before the baby can be here.
We are so happy and now pull with you to get past the few months of "yucky feeling", we hope.
Soon we can give you a hug.
love to all