Thursday, June 4, 2009

WAAAY behind...

This little cutie was here for a few days last week & the week before...The kids had so much fun with Weston and were quite the helpers wanting to feed him and hold him =) The horses were buried in a terrible snow storm of all things...
My honey hard at work--we mostly have been working at it on weekends so far. The far wall is done as far as the cement work.

Supervisor Meri on her popsicle break telling mama to get back to work!




I have been slacking with the blogging. Oops. We've been taken up with the outdoors. Which is a good thing=)
  • Our garden is done--including tomatoes & peppers. Yay! The weeds are trying to overtake it, however I have a couple faithful weeders on my side, so we'll see who wins. It's always easy to be positive in the beginning of the season!
  • We have a bird family that built a nest under the eave of our house right above the porch. Well, yesterday as we were going outside I heard something that sounded like rocks tumbling down the roof. Poor little birds & their nest came tumbling down. Someone must have slammed the doors too many times...
  • Today the same bird family made a reappearance. Mama Bird was trying to teach her baby(ies?) to fly I gather. Well, one wasn't listening too well. I was in the house putting dishes away and heard my kids get all excited. So I ran out there thinking they had found a toad or caterpillar as usual. No, Emily was holding a baby bird! It was really cute. She described to me how she was really quiet and snuck up on it and caught it =) But, mean mom that I am I made the kids set it back on the ground by where they found it and then we got back up on the porch and waited to see if the mom would come back to it. I wasn't sure, I remember hearing some animals don't do that if their baby has been around humans. She did, and she coaxed it onto our hill. It would hop and flap its wings and not really get off the ground. So I wonder if their flying lessons started early as the nest fell apart???
  • Stumped on supper tonight. I'm sick of everything and not wanting to make anything.
  • Decided our kids will not do Connections Academy this fall, but we'll go with traditional homeschooling.
  • All for now~~


4 comments:

Heather S said...

those poor horses!!
we need to come visit you guys to see the work in progress.. and maybe get a popsicle or two!

Gramm and Gramp said...

Thanks for the update, we can't cover all this over the phone and I don't get to see like I can on facebook.
Good thing you rescued the little bird. I think the babies just got to big for the nest and it couldn't hold all the weight.
The house addition, your Joe is doing a nice job, I am sure of that.

Jen said...

So, who does baby Weston belong to?!? You need to remember to provide those kind of details, too! Ha! ;)

Heather S said...

Weston belongs to Gary & Sheila Nelson.