Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend

The kids and I started planting our garden this morning. They helped plant quite a bit. We were about 5 feet down the first row and Emily was getting tired from "all this work" =) Meri actually did a lot more than I thought she would. She like putting the seeds in the ground. We planted beans, peas, lettuce, carrots, squash, watermelon and cantaloupe. I realized I still haven't got my tomato & pepper plants. Oh well, more fun for next time. I believe my darling husband's gardening eyes are much bigger than my green thumb!! I'll have to get a picture of the garden area next time. Break time!

When they weren't helping, they were exploring the log pile.


My man doing the dirt work with the CAT for our addition to the house!!



Saturday was spent working on this area underneath our house. It will be closed in where those posts are and we will have a few more bedrooms!! Yay!!





7 comments:

The Beecham's said...

SOOOOOOOO making more room for the family!!! More family? Just kidding you know that if I did not write this that Heather would! Tee Hee!!!!!!!!

Heather S said...

Oh Tanya! That thought NEVER crossed my mind!! :)

Now that your garden is (almost) planted, that means one thing. HAPPY WEEDING!!!

Jen said...

You're adding on to the house, huh? Good for you! I look forward to your blog updates of the building project! :)

Gramm and Gramp said...

Wow, I am impressed with Joe, he sure is getting it done.

Also, Good job on the garden, you will really enjoy the fresh, organic veggies. The littles are such good workers, and so is their mom. How is the back??

Jen said...

I was looking at your pictures again and I noticed something...in the "taking a break" picture, your kids' hair was either REALLY staticky or it was extremely windy out!! What a riot! :)

Heather said...

Mom~~the back is doing okay lately, always a plus!

Jen~~we had crazy winds that day, the kids had to chase packets of seeds around the garden (and a few other things) more than once!

Michelle N. said...

"all that work" --kids are so funny!

Hope your garden turns out well. Ours is mostly in too. Still need to get peppers, cukes and tomatoes in.

Exciting about the house add on. I'm sure you'll be thrilled with more space!