One thing about living in the country is there's always an abundance of wildlife...SO, I was on our porch minding my own business the other day when out of the corner of my eye I saw our black cat pounce on something and then I heard some high pitched squeals. Being curious, I went over to the edge of the porch and waited to see what would happen. Then I see something brown hopping away as fast as its little legs could carry it. I watch some more and see the cat pounce a second time on a different animal. Well, I went down to check it out. Aww, it was a little rabbit. So, I figured if I left it the cat would kill it like it did the rest of its family. So, being a city girl turned country, I told Emily, Larissa and Meri to watch the bunny while I ran to get a pair of gloves. (Do they bite????) Turns out I wouldn't have needed them, he didn't even try to bite me, just tried to hop away. So, I took the little rabbit and we have been caring for it ever since. The kids are so attached to him I hope he will survive! They've named him Twinkie =) Followed by (Twinkie) Toes, (Twinkie) Bell or (Twinkie) Pie! He loves dandelions and cuddling. He was scared at first, but now he doesn't mind being held. Welcome our new little critter!!
Your August 2026 Workout Calendar!
10 hours ago


5 comments:
I've heard all about this baby rabbit! Now we get to see him (or is it a her?)
Wish we could have watched you try to catch it =)
I'm with Heather on that one!! Sure you were nice and calm!Ha!
If that isn't a Gramma Sig I don't know what is. that is good to follow in her steps. Loved
Jake looks so happy holding the bunny.
Aaahhhh!!!! He's so cute. Jacob, too. It would have been fun to watch you in action...I can picture it in my mind. I can do something about lilacs in your yard, ya know.
cute bunny :)
Post a Comment