Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Various cute moments...

First, I don't know how to do bullets, so please put up with this huge blurb...
Kids are so funny...Emily lately has been talking about "wormaids" What??? She wants to have wormaid socks and wormaid underware and wormaids are just so beautiful she tells me. Mermaids, in case you're still wondering ;-)

Jake came out dressed the other day with high wader pants and looked like a 3/4 length flannel shirt!! Do they really have growth spurts that fast? Those clothes JUST fit him! I'm pretty sure they didn't shrink in the wash because I wash their stuff in cold water. So much for planning ahead and assuming he'd be wearing size 6 all winter. Thanks Micki & Becky for ALL the hand me down jeans and clothes, they are really coming in handy now so glad we have them to get us through this growth spurt!

Meri--we're starting to potty train her. Her reward for going potty...you'll never believe this, is brushing her teeth =) hey, I'm not complaining!

We got a phone call from Larissa this morning, she just called to talk to the kids. It's so cute to hear them talking on the phone. So then Meri wanted to talk, we handed the phone over to her and she'd say a few words and then just sit there listening for a while. Then after a while longer I heard the loud beep beep meaning no one's there =) Too funny, she was talking and listening the whole time, I wonder what she thought? Hmmm...what's so great about this thing?

6 comments:

Heather S said...

haha! Carolyn is stuck on "wormaids" too. I've tried telling her they're really called mermaids, but she informed me, I WAS WRONG!
That's great about Meri.. she'll be potty trained and never have any cavities!! :)
P.S. Benji has sprouted thru his jeans lately too.. also.. he is wearing Jacob's "old" long johns.. he's so proud of them.. its cute!

Neisha said...

Nolan's like that too. He'll say hi and then just sit there and not say anything. it's hard to carry on a conversation with him

Amber said...

to do bullets...look along the top of your post...you'lll see 123 and then one with 3 dots next to it. if you click on it it will do bullets each time you hit enter.


Cute kids, and that's great that she loves to brush her teeth. Trae loves it too, so maybe we'll steal your idea.

Michelle N. said...

Those expressions are so cute. I never corrected my kids when they said those things. I figured they would learn soon enough, and what they say is so, so funny! Wormaids! That cracks me up! And talk about a growth spurt, Maria grew 7" in about 14 months!

Heather said...

Amber-thanks for the bullet info...I will have to try it out next time I post

Gramm and Gramp said...

We are really going to see a difference in height when we see Jacob, but I think we will see a growth in the girls too. We hope to see them before they grow any more.

Now I know what it looks like on your end of the phone, too cute. Who needs someone to talk with. Just listen to the buzz.

hugs,