Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Keeping us busy on winter nights!

 The kids new obsession: finger knitting!  I found a link to a tutorial on pinterest, and did a scarf, they wanted to learn, and caught on really quickly!  Little boy had to be in on the fun =) 
 Her first scarf--pretty long!
 Finished products

 For the longest time I've wanted to learn how to crochet...I remember visiting my Nana when I was growing up and she "always" was crocheting something.  I remember picking out the yarn for an afghan she crocheted me and I still have it...love the picture in my mind of her crocheting.   The past few years I've tried to learn from books, but no luck.  So, I found a video on youtube and it was just what I needed to learn.  And I'm "hooked"  ;-)  Above is my practice stitches

 Finger knitting cousins
 My first headband, no, not perfect, but fun to make
my first washcloth, love love love it!

I have orders in from my kids on what they want =)  So I'm working on headbands for them and hope to eventually make a couple scarves and an afghan!  Yay!

2 comments:

Michelle N. said...

Good for you Heather! Not sure how you find the time to do it all though. Tell the girls their scarves are great! I'm wondering where little boys scarf is though :)

Gramm and Gramp said...

Love it, I was/am smiling the whole time. What a fun project for the girls, (little boy too, if he could do it) :) Part of the fun is to have the finished project, and it is something they can use. You too with the crocheting, I am very impressed, have fun with this. Before you know it winter will be gone because you are so buys.