Friday, November 29, 2013

Crafty crafty

 I have been having so much fun crocheting!  Seriously, it's awesome, maybe part of the fun is in the giving?!  Although they are fun to actually make =) 
 Hair twisty flowers for the girls
 Headband I made for Emily and later crocheted a flower and attached it.
 
 
 
 My scarf!  This was easy and fun to make.  I'm throwing around making a crocheted flower "button" to use with it and have a few different varieties made I'm testing out, I'll have to post which one I decide on.
 The girls and I made pillows together.  I thought it would be a good introduction to sewing.  I taught them about the sewing machine which they thought was awesome, but a bit scary at the same time=)  I guess that will wait till they're a bit older! 
 They picked out the fabric, I sewed the seams, they flipped it right side and stuffed it, then I let them hand sew the opening closed.  I think they liked it =)
Meri especially has got a new hobby--creating and sewing =)  I think it's awesome, she created a pocket out of a few pieces of fabric and I helped her tie the knot and let her go to town sewing it! Nothing like a new project to keep the kids occupied!

3 comments:

Boppa and G'ma S. said...

Keep up the good work girls. You'll have a lot of fun making things for yourselves and for others. :)

Michelle N. said...

Love your flowered scarf! Good job Heather.

Gramm and Gramp said...

I am so impressed, you are all becoming the little project girls. What a fun way to spend the winter hours, if you can't be outside that is.
I would say you have the crocheting perfected, nice scarf. Have fun keeping warm.
♥♥♥