Tuesday, August 7, 2012

County Fair


Her favorite ride--because of the horses, of course!
 Balloon ride
 Their favorite ride
Meri's ABSOLUTE favorite ride--she'd go down, and run up the stairs to go again, over and OVER.  I lost track of how many times, but it was a LOT!
 He finally got to go on a ride--and didn't want to stop =)
 Looking at horses with Daddy.
Trying to look at the horses!  Then she'd jump up and cling to the side =)

We went to our county fair last week.  The kids had a blast!  I was worried about James being scared and held off letting him go on any rides, but he was just itching to get on them =)  So I stood with him by his horse on the merry-go-round, sure that I'd need to just hold him, but he was so brave and excited!  Where's my baby???  Then he was ready to go on them all, but we stuck with the kiddie cars that go round and round. 

After that we went and saw all the animals, and James cracked us up (and the people around us) by cawing/screeching/yelling (not sure what you'd classify it as) at the turkeys and ducks and chickens !  Never a dull moment I tell ya!

We went and watched the rodeo, but were disappointed in it this year.  Either most of the riders were having an off night, or all the good ones stayed home!  But the kids enjoyed seeing the horses anyhow =)

2 comments:

The Beecham's said...

Our fair is at the same time here! Lots of fun!

Gramm and Gramp said...

Thanks for sharing the fun, I wish we were close enough to join in and see it first hand. I am so happy the kids got to go and have the day.