Wednesday, August 8, 2012

green goodness

It's that time of year here...and this year we actually have stuff to can!  We planted our garden in a different location this year, not so convenient to all the animals around here.  So far all that they found tasty this year was the peas.  The green beans are doing great, and tomatoes!!  I think we'll have PLENTY of them.  Cucumbers, all good. 
So, my blog has had a bit of a rest.  I'm actually enjoying canning, well at least the finished product ;-)  I'm sure I'll appreciate it even more this winter.

4 comments:

Michelle N. said...

Wow, good for you! Ours beans did terrible this year...to hot for them (read that they didn't pollinate because of the heat). Cucumbers are bitter, unless they are little, and tomatoes are good, but not abundant. Enjoy your garden fare! There is nothing to beat it in the middle of winter!

Gramm and Gramp said...

Wow, you mentioned that you did some canning, nothing like seeing it. I hope to get a taste of those pickles, look so good. the beans too, of course, those you can save for the family. :) ♥

Gramm and Gramp said...

Do I see 1:35 A.M.?? Cocoa??

Boppa and G'ma S. said...

:)