Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Nice try, Meri

Meri's latest:

The other day I had a couple of kids who really wanted to play the computer.  Our rule is to get their chores and schoolwork done first.  They still needed to do a bit of handwriting.  So I sent them off to the table to work on that.
A minute later Meri comes over and says she's done.  She's holding out this paper PROUDLY!



I couldn't help it, I just had to laugh!!  I mean, her craftiness at age 5 never ceases to amaze me!  If you enlarge this picture you can see there's a name half erased/scribbled out.  And I just love the contrast of her writing her name, all capitals, in crayon, to the nice, neat cursive =) 

What can you do with a girl like her?? 

7 comments:

Heather S said...

haha!! pretty quick thinking meri!

Gramm and Gramp said...

Oh hear Gramm was thinking that Meri really did the work on that paper, wouldn't surprise me, she seems to catch on quickly. Well, she did catch on but not to the work but how to get out of it.
Tell Jacob good job!! I am assuming it was his.

Michelle N. said...

That is a great Meri story...will have to share with Maria since it's her "handwriting." Love it. She'll always keep you on your toes!

Boppa and G'ma S. said...

Sigh......Meri, Meri. What will you come up with next?? One thing I know is life is never dull with you around!! :)

Anonymous said...

clever lil p'nut!!! gotta luv her and her quick brain!! XO

The Beecham's said...

Meri Meri!!!

Jen said...

hahaha!! :)