Saturday, December 3, 2011

more than pictures

It's been a while since I posted more than a few pictures.  On other updates around here:

**The kids are anxious for the snow predicted to become a reality.  We'll see about that!  I've heard around 4"+.  So in preparation today we hauled in a TON of wood.  Seriously, our basement is as full as it can be.  And then we pitched a bunch under the porch roof so it doesn't get full of snow.  It's always fun digging out firewood.  Now, it won't snow ;-)

**Our school year is going super fast, we've got into somewhat of a routine, we usually start with our reading book "Teach Your Child To Read In 100 Easy Lessons".  I am amazed at this book and so very thankful I found it!  Miss Meri even fights with Emily over who gets to do their lesson first ;-) Funny, in a way....then onto phonics, lunch, reading, math. Then science, ss, a couple times a wk.  It's amazing how fast the days FLY.   Seriously, could this year have gone any faster???? 

**We're getting excited to go "up north" over either Xmas or NY.  We'll see which one it ends up being! We tend to make plans last-minute.

**We had a busy hunting season, the kids got together and worked on a few fun Thanksgiving projects.  And of course played and played!  unfortunately I got very few pictures.  This one is from Linda =) Jacob spent quite a bit of time hunting with daddy and the guys and Benji.  He LOVED IT.  That about sums it up.



**I've been slowly working my way through the house and organizing, cleaning out junk, so on.  I seem to have a box of stuff we're done with to drop off at Savers every couple weeks when I go to Eau Claire.  Maybe I'm catching up on my fall cleaning for the past few years ;-)

** A few weeks ago a special couple stopped by at my in-laws on their way back to MT.  James really hit it off with Cedric.  He sat on his lap quite a bit that evening, which is a bit unusual for James.  Usually it's Mama he wants! We were getting ready to head home and I grabbed his boots and set him on the table to put them on and he got mad and pushed me away..."Noooo" and handed his boots to Cedric =) 


**That's all for my exciting news. =)  

4 comments:

Gramm and Gramp said...

Gramp looked over my shoulder and loved the update and pictures too, of course.
I can imagine how fast your days must go by with schooling and you and the kids are doing so well. I asked Emily to bring a book when they come here so they can read to me. ☺
Can't wait to hear some of the hunt stories.
thanks for taking so much time to share life.

The Beecham's said...

yes enjoyed reading this!! Oh... and your snow is here!!!

Boppa and G'ma S. said...

He sure did take to Cedric, didn't he? :) Cedric's a special person. A great visit, but way too short!!

Neisha said...

I enjoyed the update....I can't believe how James looks like a little boy, no more baby