Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's hard to believe...

...that James is now 2 weeks old ALREADY. Here's the little boy just a few days ago. He's captured our hearts, well, that was right from the very start, but we just love this little bundle & give him all the cuddles we can =) He is a very alert baby when he's awake, he's always looking around with his big blue/brown eyes. Jake is hoping they turn brown like his eyes, which, I think they look pretty dark and might just do that. Or will they be blue like daddy's and Meri's?? Either way, he's a keeper =) Dressed in his Sunday best, a flannel of course =) He did wonderful in his first meeting, he slept through the whole thing and then some. I think it was 4+ hours total! He is a very content baby so far, but he will let us know when he's hungry, of course and that he hates having his diaper changed.
As I know how fast these last 2 weeks have FLOWN by, I think before I know it he will be a couple months old and it's a good reminder to me to CHERISH. EVERY. MOMENT. Even the 11, 1, 3, & 5 a.m. feedings because that's what he needs right now, and it will not last forever. So I will snuggle my little baby boy and rub his soft little head and smell his sweet baby smell and enjoy each day with him.

Looking back 2 weeks ago already, more pics from the hospital....
Proud, happy daddy Tired, happy mama







I got a kick out of Meri checking out her new baby brother...."hmmm, do his toes stink like my big brothers?"




"He has a little nose!!" I also remember her saying excitedly, "HE HAS EARS!!" =)








9 comments:

Neisha said...

how precious!! love Meri checking him out. I bet the girls love having a live baby doll to play with :)

Boppa and G'ma S. said...

You're right, they're precious memories...our babies grow up so fast. :(

Cherish every minute you have with all of them! :)

Heather S said...

thanks for sharing.. I can't imagine how much he'll have grown the next time we get to see him!!!

Jen said...

Cute!! I think what you should REALLY worry about is having to reign in Auntie Heather from hogging him all the time. ha! :) Thanks for sharing! He does have quite alert eyes! :)

The Beecham's said...

:)

Michelle N. said...

Love the new pictures. We can't wait to meet him! I'm glad you are enjoying the time...even though it is busy. It really does go fast, and before you know it, your baby will be a boy almost as tall as you! Hugs!

Gramm and Gramp said...

Oh how we love seeing these pictures, I sure do miss you all, and like you say your little bundle is and will grow so fast. Hug and kiss him from Gramp and Gram too, thanks. Well hugs and love to all he is a dear!!

Anonymous said...

awwww ~ Heather, he is absolutely adorable ~ and you may have captioned your picture "tired, happy mama" I would add beautiful to that!! You just glow! Your family is very precious!!

mom 2 4J's said...

What a handsome little guy with beautiful eyes! Love the feet smelling!! Enjoy!