Friday, January 8, 2010

What else...

I don't really have any pictures to post because I've packed away my camera in the hospital bag =) I'm too lazy to dig it out, download the pictures and remember to repack it!
  • Nothing really going on here, just counting down the days and wondering if each day will be "the one". It doesn't help when all my babies were born before their due date! Maybe not this one tho...
  • We got MORE snow today, it was supposed to be only 1-2" but I'm thinking it was more like 4+"...haven't heard for sure.
  • I've been nesting, and reorganizing, and cleaning out nooks and crannies in the house that have been neglected for too long!
  • The midwife today offered to strip my membranes. I'm a chicken so I said no. The thing is it will only work if I'm ready to go into labor anyhow, in which case it's gonna happen soon anyhow! If I'm not ready to go into labor, it will just make me more uncomfortable for a few days. I guess I'll just go on being a time bomb and waiting =)
  • Anything else I write will probably also be pregnancy related, so I'll stop now =)

4 comments:

Neisha said...

my Dr. stripped my membranes with Kylie and she came 2 days later. Don't know if she was ready to come anyway or if the stripping did the trick. he did it one day before my due date so who knows.
We'll be waiting to hear news :)

Heather S said...

It did nothing for Katie..(stripping memebranes) with John(it worked) I was dilated (2-3cm) effaced, etc.. he was born later than night. If you're not dilated or anything, it'll just make you uncomfortable.
Hang in there girl! The end is in sight!!

Gramm and Gramp said...

Yes, the end is in sight...only 11 days, that is so wonderful, and maybe less the 11, who knows!!

Keep that camera packed, you must have it at the hospital.

Keep in touch

Melissa said...

Good luck Heather! I had my membranes stripped with the last 2...the first time I felt nothing uncomfortable in the least...and she was out 14 hours later! With the last one, it was slightly uncomfortable, but only for the 10 seconds it took the Dr. to strip the membranes...I felt nothing after it. I didn't work the first time he stripped them, he did it again a week later and I was in labor the next morning.

Go get a pedicure...there is a pressure point on the back of your ankle, stretching upwards to your calf that if they massage, will send you into labor (my cousin is a beautician, and she clued me in). I had a pedicure the night before my last was born...I credit that for sending me into labor! The pedicure feels amazing on a pregnant woman's feet, anyway!