Friday, January 22, 2010

It's a boy!!!





Our baby boy is here =) He is super sweet, adorable and cute, we are totally in love with him =)
Labor was pretty fast! I had a few strong contractions around supper time Monday evening. Nothing consistent. Went to bed and woke up a few hours later, about 11:30 with some strong contractions. I kept waiting for them to get closer together, but they were about 5-7 + minutes apart, but VERY strong. Finally I decided I better just call (I was hoping it wasn't false labor AGAIN.) The midwife said I better get to the hospital. This was around 2:00 a.m. So, we high tailed it out of here, and were met with heavy fog all the way to Eau Claire. I was hoping we'd make it to the hospital in time (it's about 30-40 minutes from here in good weather) and I was having strong contractions and pressure...but the contractions weren't real close together.
We made it there around 3:00 a.m., and I had to stop on the walk in and made it up to the labor & delivery. They checked me and I was between 7-8 cm dilated already! They called the midwife and told her to hurry on over. She got there and checked me, said I was almost ready to push. Then my water broke and I pushed a few times, and our big boy was born at 4:30 a.m. Tuesday, January 19. Only 1 1/2 hours after we got there. 9 pounds 3 ounces and 22" long! I had asked the midwife on my last appt. if she thought the baby would be big. "No, I'd say normal size 7 to 7 1/2 pounds." 'Only' 2 POUNDS bigger!
So we're just thrilled to be home with our baby and together as a family. My mom is here helping out for a while, so everybody is having fun (and I'm trying to rest =)
I'll post more pictures another time.

6 comments:

The Beecham's said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!

Heather S said...

We can't wait to met little James!! Congrats!

Neisha said...

Congrats! What a sweetie

Jenny said...

Congratulations on another beautiful baby boy! Thanks for telling the birth story too...I love hearing those.

Melissa said...

Congratulations on the precious baby boy....what a perfect addition to your sweet family!

mom 2 4J's said...

Congratulations!! He is so cute!! Glad to hear you had a "good" delivery experience:-) Great name choice;-)