Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tiny pieces.

Last week the kids and I tackled a crayon project. It was kinda fun, kinda putzy, but I'm glad to be rid of all those annoying little broken crayons. First, we peeled off the crayon wrappers. Even Meri got into this project, more so that the older two, in fact

Then we lined this muffin pan with tin foil. I looked up directions online and chose to do it this way. BUT, some of the crayons leaked through the foil onto the muffin tin, so it's kind of a mess to get it clean.


This is the melted results. The kids thought it was pretty neat the way they melted down and now they have big old circle crayons to use =) Not the best for detail coloring, but fun anyhow!



5 comments:

Heather S said...

great idea!

Neisha said...

thanks for idea, we'll have to try it during xmas break

Melissa said...

Awesome idea with the tin foil! The girls and I did this a few months ago and it made it nearly impossible to get the muffin tin clean. How awful did your house stink from it? It took a good 6 times using the oven afterwards to get rid of the stench...and none spilled over or anything? The girls loved doing it, anyway!

Heather said...

Melissa--I don't think it took too long for the house to air out...either that, or we just got used to the smell =) Heather had a good idea about using a disposable muffin tin, so if we do this again, I think we'll try that, less mess!!

Gramm and Gramp said...

The crayons do look colorful and nice, we ought to do that here sometime, with disposable muffin tins, good idea.

Next time Jake and Emily will be more excited to do it, maybe.