We had 3 little baby goats die =( The kids were very sad, the one remaining baby, Buddy, is super-spoiled now to say the least =)
Then we were glad to have Gramma Ruth come and stay for a few days! She helped with Buddy's little coat that he's wearing here. =) Since it had been so cold, the kids wanted him to be warm, so we made this little coat thingy =)
Well, it didn't stay on too well, unfortunately, so I found this little doggie coat at Wal-Mart clearance out for $1! Doesn't he look so cute & cozy?! And, yes, we do bring him in the house occasionally, especially on cold mornings. He loves it! And my kids do too!
There was also a lot of games being played
AND.....a building project! We received a dresser from one of Gramma Ruth & Grampa Rowe's neighbors. It was a build it yourself dresser, the neighbors had partially finished. So it sat waiting until Gramma Ruth came & motivated us and helped us put the drawers together =) Thanks Gramma Ruth, it looks great! (I need to get a picture of the finished product still)
Lots of cuddles =)
The stack of finished drawers
Working
Working
Then the wood stove blower motor (?) burned out and quit working, so the boys decided to use some tools and take it apart. Love that they can do things like this and learn so much about how things work!
One nice spring day we brought lunch out to the woods on our land where Joe was making some trails with the bulldozer.
Then the kids & I went for a little hike and they had to try out this tree stand ladder. Not all the way up though!
James riding with his daddy on the bulldozer. He LOVES this and had a lot of fun =)
Lots of building has been going on by James. He wanted Dad's help to make this... =)James all time favorite BB gun target practicing with Dad or even better, "hunting" =) Yes, he is a true Schwenneker =)

3 comments:
I'm almost glad you didn't post for a while. I loved seeing all of your pictures. Looks like James is quite the "builder." :)
This was so much fun, life with children sure is fun. I know I smiled the whole time I was looking at the pictures and going over my time with you all.
Love the relaxing pictures at your land, cute one with you and Joe in the background stretched out on the reclining lawn chair.
Oh there was so much...the goat pictures, I guess the doggy coat stayed on?? Good thing. Keep it for next years babies. ♥
I went through them again.
Jake and James taking the motor apart, like you say, good learning experience.
Also, Jake shooting, yes, a little hunter.
Again, the hiking and fun on the property, such great fun.
Post a Comment