Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cousins over the holidays

 Carolyn & Meri enjoying playing with their baby. 


Lay down like a good baby and go to sleep now.  I think he just kind of gave up and let them play baby with him =)

Jake & Benji's favorite thing to play this time around!

Just a bunch of random, disorganized thoughts:

*Unfortunately I've been neglecting my camera, I tend to do that when there's a bunch going on and just one me.

*But, I'm sure you can imagine the fun they had!

*I'm shocked that my baby will be ***1*** in just 1 week!  WHERE did this last year go?  It feels like he should still be a baby.  Well, I guess he is, but he is getting bigger that's for sure.  (23 pounds, 32" long 99%!!)

*In the middle of baking sugar cookies the other day the bottom element of our oven went kapuk.  The kids would love to eat them all raw, but they got stuck in the fridge until we get the element replaced. 

*I attempted driving on ice the other day.  I was so *thankful* for the helpful signs the highway people put up warning to "use caution--icy roads ahead".  What happened to actually fixing the problem? Salt and sand used to work.  So, we turned around.  And this was the interstate. 

*Maybe we'll try again today.  Those cookies MUST get baked! =)

*I guess that's it.  Have a GREAT day!

4 comments:

Neisha said...

could you cut out the cookies and then freeze them? and bake them later?

Your baby doesn't look much like a baby anymore, he grew up fast! I always thought that the first year went way too fast

Gramm and Gramp said...

I love that, the girls playing with "their baby". I think James caught on and decided to play the game, probably loved all the attention.

It would have been extra busy with cousins back and forth, lucky kids to be so near, well on occasion.

Heather S said...

those 2 girls and their 'baby' :)

thanks for all the fun! i guess we need to stop calling him 'baby James' since he's no longer a 'baby' :)

mom 2 4J's said...

Enjoyed your photos! Hard to believe a year has gone by already:-)Looks like he was a "good" baby for the girls. Julia is excited to have 2 new baby cousins coming this year:-) Good thing because the other ones were outgrowing the baby stage:-)Happy New Year!