Thursday, September 24, 2009

Meri Jane....

Full of life The more hair clips, the "Meri-er" =) She will put them in herself, all.day.long.

Hey, at least they're on her feet!

Here's some of Meri's outfits, "dress up" is her favorite pastime =)



Her "skirt" this day was actually a shirt, no matter she could barely walk in it...it was long and that's all she cares about =)
















Most of her favorites are big sister's clothes, as you can see here!








I got my marshmallow-roasting stick!










glitter graphics
Free Glitter Graphics, Happy Birthday Glitter Graphics

Meri Jane,
Today is your 3rd birthday already!! How time has flown! You keep mama extra busy because you just LOVE to try out everything! I am constantly on my toes and have found out from experience that if there's too long of a silence I can usually find you into something you know you shouldn't be =) But we wouldn't want you any other way because that's what makes you YOU!
For the last few months you have been INTO clothes! You LOVE sister's clothes and would rather wear them than your own =) It's so cute to see you walking around with her skirts on...they are floor-length on you! I didn't think you would really care about clothes until you were quite a bit older. You have enlightened me again! You have DEFINITE likes and dislikes. If I have you wear something "appropriate" for going to town or meeting, or wherever, if you don't like it, off it comes as soon as we get home. And you find one of your favorites to take its place. It's a challenge sometimes getting your favorite clothes away from you long enough to get them clean =)
This last year you have changed so much...you started the year talking, but now you can say everything and you like to have the floor to get your story or point out. "Jake! Jake! I'm talking!" You love your big brother and sister and they're the first ones you ask about when you wake up in the morning..."where's Emmie?" then "where's Jake?". You are now playing with them most of the time. I just love seeing the 3 of you playing together!
So, in a few months you will have a new roll as big sister. I'm SO glad I was able to keep you as my little girl for 3 years. But I know you will adjust to your role as big sister and will be such a help to mama eventually! Right now I don't think you completely understand what is going to happen but you already like to pat mama's belly and tell me "nice to baby, gentle..."
We love you lots and lots and are so thankful to have you as our daughter!!
xoxo
Daddy & Mommy
and of course, brother & sister wish you a happy 3rd birthday too!!

5 comments:

Heather S said...

Happy 3rd bday Meri! It's very hard for me to look at this post, because we SO badly want to be with you today to wish you a happy bday in person!!!

Boppa and G'ma S. said...

Happy B'Day dear Meri...Happy B'Day to you! :)

The Beecham's said...

:)

Gramm and Gramp said...

Oh what a hear touchiing story about our little Meri, Yes to all of it and then some. Thanks for sharing some of her last year. WE too love our little Meri girl.

Michelle N. said...

This is late, but a HUGE hug and happy birthday wish. I love what you shared about Meri!