Saturday, September 7, 2013

Maxazilla

In the country, there are always a lot of opportunities to observe nature.  The other day we were in our garden and found this neat cocoon.  I should have taken a picture of it immediately but didn't.  It was a bright green with gold sparkles on around it.  In the next day or two it looked like this:

 Emerging
Poor Maxazilla--she had crumpled wings and as far as we know couldn't fly.  So the kids were pretty sad about that.  They kept her on a flower on our porch and fed her milkweed and tried to feed her sugar water.  Then the next day we left the house for a bit and came back and she wasn't there.  Maybe she flew off?  Well, that's what they like to think anyhow. 

It was neat to see this anyways.

3 comments:

Boppa and G'ma S. said...

I'm glad they got to experience that. I remember seeing that when I was little.

Gramm and Gramp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gramm and Gramp said...

that name is just too funny, sounds like some ugly bug..here a beautiful Monarch(I think) butterfly. What a special adventure for the kids, nice they nursed it to health, now it can fly south and return next summer.