Friday, July 19, 2013

Misc.

 Berry time---finally!  We did lots of jam, shortcake and berries & cream....mmmm.  I had a few good helpers too =)
 Jake's into building pullers and anything that moves really!
 Space cadet ;-) ...he was so thrilled to wear this snowmobile helmet around one day
 The tree stand, it's much farther along than this now.  The sides are about done I think. 
  A little carpenter. 
 Emily did a bit of carpentry
 Jake was a big help, he did a lot of pounding nails in
 He loves to use the hammer.  He'd pick up a random nail and find the "perfect" spot and get busy =)
 I've been so thankful for many bouquets picked by sweet kids.  Love all the wildflowers we find around here.
 This trio played fashion show the other day. 
 Beautiful job girls!
 Emily had a My Little Pony party back in June for her 9th birthday.
 First time swimming with a freshly filled (aka FREEZING cold) pool.   They stood around a few minutes, then jumped out to quickly thaw their feet, then back in =)
Oh, back to the party.  I was having a bit of camera trouble, so it's a kinda blurry!
**********************************************************************************
There, I'm slightly caught up from the last month or so.  It's crazy how fast time is going.  I can hardly comprehend it.  I've got a few projects I need to get done before fall--but I think I will focus on getting our "school room" organized,  and making sure we have everything we need as far as books, supplies, etc.  I'm realizing this is a continual work in progress as we try to find the "perfect" curriculum for all.  Maybe there isn't such a thing?  Anyways, we've been fitting in a bit of school a few days a week this summer.  As I'm their teacher, I don't enjoy the thought of re-teaching material I've already taught.  It seems to be working well so far. 
Other than that, we've been enjoying a bit from our garden--a few beans, and lotsa cucumbers!  My peas are history I think, enjoyed by some deer or rabbit I'd guess.  Tomatoes have a ways to go.  We planted so late this year because of all the rain.  I think it was into June!  So we'll see what we all end up with to harvest!
We're looking forward to some time up north with my parents and sisters/brother, hopefully aunt & uncle and a few friends I haven't seen in a few years.  Oh, and a nice lake to jump into whenever we feel like it! 
All for now, hope you're having a great summer too!

2 comments:

Gramm and Gramp said...

Wow, I am overwhelmed, good thing I got on here today. I will have to study all the pictures again, so much fun and busy busy days.
Love the tree stand, looks like a nice fort to me, and they all helped so, HMMM. :0) The hair style show was nice, they really did a good job on Meri's hair, all the pretty butterfly clips and things.

The water here should be warmer then the pool, freshly filled...but I suppose that got warm fast enough too. They all look so cute in their suits.

Can't wait to see all.
love ♥

Gramm and Gramp said...

OH, P.S.
the flowers, what a nice bouquet from the littles. You do have some nice wild flowers to pick.
Also, it does help to have helpers on strawberry day. Now enjoy the jam.